Designed to place critical information within the driver's line of sight the chips can enable AR HUD systems that project virtual image distances (VIDs) of 7.5 metres and greater. This is made possible by the architecture of DLP technology that enables HUD systems to withstand the intense solar loads created when projecting long VIDs. The combination of increased VIDs and ability to place imagery across a wide field of view (FOV) gives designers the flexibility to create AR HUD systems with enhanced picture depth for an interactive, not distractive, infotainment and cluster system.
The DLP3030-Q1 chipset offers;
- Decreased package size: Ceramic pin grid array package (CPGA) reduces the digital micromirror device (DMD) footprint by 65% enabling smaller picture generation unit (PGU) designs.
- Increased operating temperature: Operates between -40 and 105C and delivers 15,000 cd/m 2 brightness with the full colour gamut (125% NTSC), enabling clear image visibility regardless of temperature or polarization.
- Designed and optimized for AR: manages the solar load resulting from longer VIDs greater than 7.5 metres, while supporting large displays up to 12 by 5 degrees FOV.
- Works with any light source: Supports HUD designs that use traditional LEDs as well as laser-based projections for holographic film and waveguide-enabled HUDs.
Three new evaluation boards support the DLP3030-Q1 chipset.
- The DLP3030-Q1 Electronics EVM allows developers and Tier-1 suppliers to create their own custom PGUs for HUD systems.
- The DLP3030-Q1 PGU EVM gives designers the tool they need to develop new HUDs based on DLP technology or benchmark DLP technology performance in existing HUD designs.
- The DLP3030-Q1 Combiner HUD EVM enables car makers and Tier-1 suppliers to evaluate full system performance using DLP technology in one easy-to-use tabletop demonstration.
The DLP3030-Q1 chipset, in a 32 by 22-mm CPGA package, is now available for sampling. The EVMs are available for, respectively, DLP3030-Q1 Electronics EVM (DLP3030Q1EVM) $1,999; DLP3030-Q1 PGU EVM (DLP3030PGUQ1EVM)