This initiative securely programmes the mobile operators’ credentials into the device during manufacturing, eliminating the need for the traditional physical SIM card.
The nuSIM architecture:
- Eliminates the need for contacts, circuit paths, card holders and other components associated with physical SIMs.
- Enables smaller device form factors that would not be possible with a physical SIM card.
- Maximizes battery life by leveraging advanced power saving methods that are achievable only when the modem and SIM share the same underlying hardware.
- Enables faster IoT deployments because each module ships with a fully operational integrated SIM.
- Eliminates overhead costs related to SIM logistics, such as stock keeping and handling.
nuSIM is intended to allow a new generation of IoT devices, applications and business models that would not be possible due to the physical SIM card’s inherent cost, complexity, size, power consumption and other limitations.