The latest additions to the Blackfly S GigE camera line, the BFS-PGE-50S4M-C and BFS-PGE-50S4C-C camera models are particularly well suited for integration into small handheld devices. The 5 MP modules feature a low weight of 53 grams and high pixel density suitable for integrating with compact, less expense lenses. Leveraging the Sony IMX547 sensor, the modules deliver exceptionally low-light performance with superior quantum efficiency and very low absolute sensitivity making them ideal for a range of challenging applications from biometrics to scientific research and more.
The new GigE cameras with power over ethernet also take advantage of our Lossless Compression feature, delivering 25% higher frame rate of 30 FPS without compromising on image quality. Read along for more detailed specs, pricing and to consult a specialist about your project requirements.
Key attributes include:
- 5 MP global shutter CMOS;
- At 53 grams, the lightest weight camera with IMX547;
- Lossless Compression enables 25% higher FPS (from 24FPS to 30 FPS at full resolution);
- High QE and low noise yield a low Absolute Sensitivity Threshold (4.4 photon AST);
- Superior quantum efficiency (68% QE at 525nm);
- Excellent low-light performance (2.49 e- read noise);
- Small pixel size enables less expensive, more compact optics;
- High sensitivity (High QE and Low AST) reduces lighting system requirements.
Researchers, manufacturers, and diagnosticians in specialized fields know the smaller the scale, the more important it is imaging devices are free from any particles that might obstruct or blur a magnified sample. Teledyne FLIR cleans and assembles all its machine vision camera optical assemblies in an ISO certified clean environment (ISO7 - Class 10000). This standard level of dust control is sufficient for most uses however, some applications require an even higher standard. In such cases, our Enhanced Dust Control Service is available on all area scan machine vision cameras except Blackfly S Board Level (USB3/GigE) and Firefly models.