The IMG A-Series is designed for the graphics and compute needs of next-generation devices for automotive, AIoT, and computing through to DTV/STB/OTT, mobile and servers. The series features a range of architectures that provide from 1 pixel per clock (PPC) for the entry-level market, up to 2 TFLOP cores for performance devices, and beyond that for multi-core solutions.
At the same clock speed and process node, the IMG A-Series offers 2.5x the performance, 8x faster machine learning processing and 60% lower power than current PowerVR devices. IMG A-Series is already licensed for multiple markets and the first SoC devices are expected in 2020.
The A-Series is available in configurations:
• IMG AXT-64-2048 for flagship performance; 2.0 TFLOPS, 64 Gpixels and 8 TOPS of AI performance
• IMG AXT-48-1536 for premium mobile; 1.5 TFLOPS, 48 Gpixels and 6 TOPS
• IMG AXT-32-1024 for high-performance mobile and automotive; 1 TFLOPs, 32 Gpixels and 4 TOPS
• IMG AXT-16-512 for high-mid-performance mobile and automotive; 0.5 TFLOPS, 16 Gpixels and 2 TOPS
• IMG AXM-8-256 for mid-range mobile; 0.25 TFLOPS, 8 Gpixels and 1 TOPS
For lower cost segments IMG A-Series delivers the best in area, cost and efficiency:
• IMG AXE-2-16 for premium IoT, entry DTV/STB, display and other fillrate driven applications; 2 PPC, 16 GFLOPS and 2 Gpixels
• IMG AXE-1-16 for entry-level mobile and IoT and the fastest Vulkan-capable GPU in its class; 1 PPC, 16 GFLOPS and 1 Gpixels
IMG A-Series’ PowerVR architecture provides bandwidth and power advantage because its tile-based deferred rendering technology means it only draws what is visible on screen. This is combined with advanced direct flexible power signalling using Pro-Active DVFS (Dynamic Voltage and Frequency Scaling) and Deadline Scheduling algorithms, which deliver fast power control with ultra-low latency response. The parts of the GPU that aren’t fully utilised or needed for processing, are slowed down or even put to sleep to ensure optimal power efficiency.