The solution’s capabilities have been trialled in a variety of diverse use cases including:
· Automating warehouse logistics with smart scanning of pallets
· Enabling predictive maintenance and a new business model for a gas turbine manufacturer
· Optimizing efficiency for a race car engine performance with machine condition monitoring, machine vision and machine learning
· Enabling automation and reducing time to market for a new product with barcode smart scanning for a meat supplier
· Reducing downtime and optimizing efficiency in a defense industry materials testing facility
· Enabling smart remote monitoring of mobile generators providing continuous power during recovery from a natural disaster
The ADLINK solution requires no programming and allows the quick connection of previously unconnected operational equipment, sensors and devices. Using native communication protocols, data can be captured and streamed at the edge, and then between devices, databases and to the cloud for real-time analysis.
ADLINK Edge is deployed through the company’s Digital Experiments methodology, which can include hardware, software and support elements for easy integration with existing IT and OT systems.
ADLINK’s extensive partner ecosystem which includes AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google, Thingworx, IBM Watson, FogHorn, Intel and SAS.
ADLINK Edge is built upon the ADLINK Data River which simplifies complex data network programming and enables data to flow freely but securely to any cloud analytic platform database and between devices, databases and the cloud.
ADLINK Edge also includes the ADLINK Marketplace, which provides apps that enable 3rd party services to translate between devices and applications, or devices and peer devices.