Smallest reinforced isolated CAN FD
The transceivers have a higher working voltage than competing devices and faster communication speeds than the classic CAN standard. The ISO1042 and ISO1042-Q1 are intended to protect low-voltage circuits and increase communication throughput in industrial applications.
Key features and benefits of TI’s ISO1042 and ISO1042-Q1 isolated CAN FD transceivers
• 1,000 Vrms working voltage and a withstand voltage of 5,000 Vrms. The ISO1042 and ISO1042-Q1 have longer lifetimes, leading to improved system reliability.
• A high bus fault protection of ±70 V to provide a 20 percent higher short-to-DC margin. The ISO1042 and ISO1042-Q1 protect 12-, 24- and 48-V battery or power-supply systems during high-voltage shorts.
• Industry-leading immunity and emissions:
◦ The ISO1042 and ISO1042-Q1 feature a CMTI of 85 kV/us (minimum) with high ESD protection of +/- 8 kV, using the IEC testing standard.
◦ The ISO1042 and ISO1042-Q1 deliver the industry’s lowest electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) emissions, maintaining system signal integrity. The ISO1042-Q1 meets the automotive industry standard (IEC TS62228) for robust EMC.
• The transceivers support CAN FD speeds up to 5 Mbps with a short loop delay of 215 ns (maximum), enabling faster payload compared to classic CAN.
Hall C4 – Booth 131