Green Hills Software adds secure virtualization for NXP i.MX 8 and 8X families
The new launch allows developers to run consumer operating systems in secure partitions alongside critical software applications on the same i.MX 8 processor, with the certified separation architecture of the INTEGRITY real-time operating system and Multivisor secure virtualization technology.
The solution will allow the design of scalable mixed-criticality platforms for solutions targeting low, mid and high-end feature sets. In addition, the consolidated platform reduces hardware costs and simplifies software complexity.
The INTEGRITY RTOS and Multivisor platform for NXP i.MX 8 and 8X families includes:
· Secure virtualization and separation technology allowing ISO 26262 and IEC 61508-certified applications to coexist with general-purpose code or guest operating systems with freedom from interference. The platform can monitor the health of all applications and guest operating systems in real-time.
· Fully accelerated hardware virtualization leveraging the Arm architecture virtualization extension.
· Highly configurable virtualization platform allowing users to seamlessly configure peripheral routing and utilization between INTEGRITY RTOS and any guest operating system, including the ability to safely share peripherals between critical tasks and general-purpose tasks or guest operating systems.
· Fully accelerated 3D graphics utilizing i.MX 8 GPU, including the capability to fully share the GPU between the host RTOS and multiple guest operating systems, all while ensuring the RTOS graphics applications have guaranteed priority for meeting functional safety requirements.
· Complete AUTOSAR-compliant application framework, allowing existing AUTOSAR software components to be seamlessly and tightly integrated, providing for maximum software reuse without the need for virtualization.
· Advanced software development tools including the ISO 26262 ASIL D / IEC 61508 SIL 4 qualified MULTI IDE, optimizing C/C++ compilers, MISRA C Adherence Checker and other integrated tools to improve code quality and lower development costs.