Avnet Silica to show Solutions for Humans at embedded world
Located in Hall 3A booth 221 besides its Avnet partner companies, Avnet Silica’s space will feature demos focused around two areas: AI and machine learning (ML) technologies and applications; and important technology areas including connectivity, sensing, security, power, memory and software and services.
The AI and machine learning-based demos feature:
• Image, video and sound analytics
• Speech and audio processing
• Condition monitoring and predictive analytics
• On-premises and cloud solutions including services
• Sensor-to-cloud communications.
This zone will include demos on a Renesas AI-based image-processing microprocessor for applications such as networked cameras, service robots and industrial machinery; facial recognition and voice control technology from NXP; handwriting character recognition and acoustic classification technology from STMicroelectronics; plus, an AI multicamera solution featuring Xilinx.
Demonstrations in the second ‘key technologies’ zone area will include:
• An industrial network demo from Marvell Technology including sensor data, digital factory data and Ethernet network traffic; and Maxim’s I/O Link transceivers
• Wireless connectivity, including: ON Semiconductor’s ultra-low power narrowband sub-gigahertz wireless MCU; a Nordic Semiconductor solution based around the ‘Thingy’ development platform and wireless MCUs for IoT (NB-IoT) and Bluetooth (BLE) communications; a LoRa-based solution from Renesas and Miromico for low-power WAN communications; and Dialog´s products for WiFi and BLE
• Security, including the EdgeLock ‘Plug & Trust’ secure element family from NXP; the SAML11 secure MCU from Microchip; and a demonstration from Avnet Silica, developed in conjunction with ECSO, on a security platform designed to meet the European Cybersecurity Act
• Specialist memory technology from Micron and SanDisk aimed at the IoT and automotive applications, respectively
• A selection of power semiconductor devices and technologies from Maxim, ON Semiconductor, Renesas, ROHM and STMicroelectronics
• Software and service solutions from leading providers including Infineon, NXP and Xilinx