Arduino-compatible HD gaming development platform
The small (83mm x 53mm x 20mm) Arduino-compatible shield features the Bridgetek EVE graphics controller operating at speeds of up to 1.1Gps. The controller offers 32-bit internal colour precision for graphics processing and can support up to 2000 sprites.
The EVE IC is supported by a Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA that has 8MByte embedded flash, a 24-bit HDMI video interface, as well as JTAG, SPI and UART I/Os. MicroSD memory card support and a pair of Wii Classic controller ports are also available.
The BT815 allows the new Gameduino to provide 1280 x 720 pixel HD graphical content and 48KHz stereo audio to a large format display or TV screen. HD video playback can be accomplished at 30fps frame rates.
Gameduino has been designed to support the development of immersive games, as well as other types of multimedia projects, through the C+ programming language. The CircuitPython open source programming language can also be used to program the board. The Gameduino 3X Dazzler has the power to run 2D gaming projects and sophisticated 3D renderings. A wide range of project examples and demos are available online to allow development to get started quickly. The new Gameduino will also be available as a streamlined core module This still has the graphic controller, programmable logic and HDMI capabilities, but allows easy integration into existing hardware.
The Gameduino 3X Dazzler is currently being crowdfunded and is close to reaching its target. The link to contribute is below.
The Bridgetek BT 815 provides:
• Functionality includes graphic control, audio control, and touch control interface.
• Support multiple widgets for simplified design implementation
• Support Adaptive Scalable Texture Compression (ASTC) format to save considerable memory space for larger fonts and graphics images
• Support external QSPI NOR flash to fetch graphic elements(image, font, widget etc)
• Support 4-wire resistive touch screen (BT816)
• Support capacitive touch screen with up to 5 touches detection (BT815)
• Hardware engine can recognize touch tags and track touch movement. Provides notification for up to 255 touch tags.
• Programmable interrupt controller provides interrupts to host MCU
• Built-in 12MHz crystal oscillator with PLL providing programmable system clock up to 72MHz
• Video RGB parallel output; configurable to support PCLK up to 60MHz and R/G/B output of 1 to 8 bits
• Programmable timing to adjust HSYNC and VSYNC timing, enabling interface to numerous displays
• Support for LCD display with resolution up to SVGA (800×600) and formats with data enable (DE) mode or VSYNC/HSYNC mode
• Support landscape and portrait orientations
• Display enable control output to LCD panel
• Integrated 1MByte graphics RAM, no frame buffer RAM required
• Support playback of motion-JPEG encoded AVI videos
• Built-in sound synthesizer
• Audio wave playback for mono 8-bit linear PCM, 4-bit ADPCM and µ-Law coding format at sampling frequencies from 8 kHz to 48 kHz. Built-in digital filter reduces the system design complexity of external filtering
• PWM output for display backlight dimming control
• Supports I/O voltage from 1.8V to 3.3V
• Built-in Power-on-reset circuit
• -40°C to 85°C extended operating temperature range