This week the RISC-V workshop takes place in Zurich. The latest and greatest on the RISC- V Open Instruction Set architecture will be discussed there.
eeNews is looking back at last years workshop in Barcelona with this eeNews Embedded interview with Dave Ditzel, CEO of Esperanto Technologies. With more than 30 years experience in the semiconductor industry, Dave Ditzel is confident about this new venture: the development of RISC-V high performance AI processors.
His career brought him from MIPS Sparc to Intel and he is now the CEO of Esperanto Technologies, a new semiconductor company. He sees great importance in the open RISC-V technologie and feels that the open structure only can benefit in making more secure and powerful processors.
The interview took place at the RISC-V Workshop in Barcelona, 2018.
In the interview we touch base on:
- The mission of Esperanto technologies @ 0:24 sec
- 'RISC-V is the new architecture of the future' @ 0:39 sec
- 'We believe RISC-V can be used everywhere' @ 1:04 min
- 'Esperanto is building the highest performance processors based on RISC-V' @ 1:42 min
- When can we expect the first results of this development? @ 2:00 min
- 'That is the value of being open' @ 2:25 min
- On Spectre and Meltdown @ 2:50 min
Check for more information: https://www.esperanto.ai